For thousands of years the Moon was believed to be an ultimate source of Magic, healing, fertility, beauty and Emotional abundance. The Moon was also believed strongly associated with the Female energy so much that even the reproductory Circle of each woman was directly linked with the waxing and the waning Moon. This doesn’t mean that for each civilisation the Moon is associated with a female Goddess.
History of the Magic Moon Water
On the contrary. In Greece for example Moon is associated with Artemis (in latin Diana) who was a lone beautiful huntress while her twin brother Apollo was associated with the Sun. Bun in Egypt we see that Khonsu is associated with the Moon, a male God and in India we see the God Chandra (Soma) who is also associated with the Moon. This does not mean that the Indians and the Egyptians did not realize the acknowledge the relation between the Moon and Woman.
Deities and Entities of Moon Water
Moon was also associated with the Water and was perceived as a way to channel the powers of the Moon. The ancient civilizations realized that the circles of the Moon affect the Tides os the Seas, thus the Moon strongly influenced the Waters of our World. Many Lunar deities are associated with the Waters like Yemaya. One of the most powerful and easy to make and use tools of Magic is the Lunar Water, a water which is charged by the powers of the Moon. The clue for the success of the Lunar Water is to align the procedure with the waxing part of the Lunar Circle, from the New Moon till the Full Moon without missing even one day of the Lunar Circle.
What the Lunar Water requires:
- Mason jar, bowl or large jug
- Purified, spring or distilled water
- Fill container with water. I prefer a jar with a lid to prevent bugs and critters from accessing it. This is especially important if you plan on ingesting your moon water. If applicable the Natural Water will be extra potent and can be adjusted to what you want to achieve. For example if the water is charged for Protection pick Sea Water, if the Lunar water is used for beauty and healing choose River Water or maybe if you want to enhance your Magical Powers pick some Lake Water. Basically Tap Water can be used very effectively for each and every purpose as the Water is an excellent tool to charge with your desire, so sensitive and passive and you will be amazed.
When you leave the Water, put your index finger of your strong hand stir clockwise and chant thrice:
I call upon the Spirits* of the Moon, as the Moon grow stronger, Bless this water with your magic Light help me access your Divine Might.
*you can replace the word Spirits with Angels, Gods, Goddesses or whatever entity of the Moon you prefer. Keep it White and Bright.
- The next morning your moon water is ready for use.
NEVER EXPOSE THE LUNAR WATER TO SUNLIGHT FOR IT WILL NO LONGER BE EFFECTIVE!
How to use Moon Water
- Energize your crystals with moon water. Place your crystals in a jar with some moon water to cleanse and empower the crystals. Clear quartz is an amplifier of energy and can transform negative energy into positive energy. Add this crystal to the moon water for extra umph.
- Cleanse yourself with a moon bath. Fill the tub with warm water. Add epsom salt and a couple of handfuls of white flower petals for purification or red rose petals to attract love. Then add a few cups of moon water to the bath. I sometimes like to add crystals and essential oils to the bath too. Soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Drink your moon water. Take a sip or two everyday to empower yourself with the energy of the moon. Make sure you use purified, spring or distilled water if you are going to ingest your moon water, and keep it refrigerated.
- Use your moon water to make essential oil perfumes for yourself and home clearing sprays.
- Water your plants with it. Plants will benefit from the energy of the moon.
- Place moon water in a cup on your altar to amplify your intentions and goals.
- Use it as a daily aura cleanse. Put it in a spray bottle and spray around your aura to cleanse your energy every morning before leaving your home.
- Moon water for beauty and self care. Use your moon water to enhance your natural beauty by making a toner with it. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil in a bottle with the moon water and use daily after cleansing your face or as a refresher throughout the day.
- Diffuse your moon water in your home. Place moon water into your aromatherapy diffuser with the essential oil or oils of your choice to clear the air and enhance the effect of the oils you use. For example, wild orange is the oil of abundance. Want more abundance in your life? Add a few drops of wild orange to the diffuser along with your moon water.
- Get creative and use this moon water to manifest your soul’s desire. Make your own ritual and allow the energy of the full moon to support you.