Mabon, or the Autumn Equinox, is a most anticipated seasonal change! Mabon signifies that fall has officially arrived! A favorite season for many a witch -including me-. If you are still planning your Mabon/Autumn Equinox activities you’ll want to keep on reading.
Mabon is the second harvest celebration of the year and coincides with the Autumn Equinox. This is a season to celebrate life and death and is often referred to as the season of the witch.
Celebrating the Start of the Autumn Season
This is a time of balance, reflection, and honoring the cycle of life. It is a day filled with feelings of gratitude, appreciation, and joy. And there are just so many ways for you to celebrate!
This is also a wonderful time of year to focus your energies inward towards personal growth and manifestation. So, to start off the season, this post includes Mabon activities that are accessible, fun, and honor well this special change of season to help make your day a festive one. Pick one, two, or twenty-five, whatever works!
Autumn is truly a magical time of year. Indulge, embrace, and enjoy the energies in all that you do!
- Perform a ritual to honour Mother Earth and this darker part of the year
- Perform a gratitude ritual
- Write a journal entry about what Mabon means to you
- Perform a home protection ritual
- Do a home cleansing
- Perform a ritual to release negativity
- Fill a cornucopia
- Build your Mabon Altar
- Roast corn on the cob
- Craft a prosperity jar
- Host a Mabon dinner
- Bake bread
- Go apple picking
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Do a Mabon Oracle or Tarot card reading
- Go hiking and spend time in nature
- Bake apple or pumpkin pie
- Spend time with loved ones
- Enjoy seasonal veggies from your local farmers market
- Purge what is no longer serving you
- Make an offering to a deity associated with Autumn such as Mabon, Modron, or Demeter
- Watch the sunset
- Burn incense of Frankincense or Sage
- Do a meditation with Clear Quartz for cleansing and balance
- Perform a spell for peace and harmony within
- Brew a cinnamon apple simmer pot
- Enjoy a Mabon tea blend
- Craft a charm for abundance
- Adorn yourself in the colours of Mabon such orange, yellow, red, or brown
- Craft a Mabon oil or herb blend
- Journal Prompt: What are your top 3 intentions for the Autumn season?
- Commit to making a healthy change in your life
- Commit to learning something new
- Perform a reflection ritual
- Make apple cider
- Donate or volunteer at a local food bank
- Work on your grimoire or start one
- Sprinkle fall touches around your home
- Attend a fall fair or festival
- Collect some fall gifts from nature (acorns, pine cones, coloured leaves, etc.)
- Enjoy a pumpkin spice latte or dark chocolate mocha
- Allow yourself time for self-care to rest and reset your body, mind, and spirit